TAKING YOUR PET TO ENGLAND/SWEDEN/NORWAY
(COUNTRIES THAT PREVIOUSLY REQUIRED BLOOD TESTS)
Dogs and cats
1. Have to be identified by a microchip (ISO-standard)
2. Then be vaccinated against rabies (minimum age 13 weeks) and have a european pet passport. The rabies vaccination is obligatory once a year in Spain.
3. 21 days after the rabies vaccination your pet is free to travel to your destination.
4. Before travelling your pet requires treatment for echinococcus (deworming) 1-5 days before for the UK, and Sweden and Norway 1-10 days. This has to be stamped and signed by the vet in the passport and also a declaration that the animal is fit to travel.
5. Website information: For the UK www.defra.gov.uk
For Sweden and Norway www.jordbruksverket.se
Small animals such as rabbits, pet birds, tropical fish etc may travel freely to England without requiring any documentation or treatment!